Re: Need some pointers for engravers.

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Need some pointers for engravers.
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:40:47 +0100

On 5 August 2010 20:24, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> That could be considered slightly unintuitive since the bellows changes
> direction at a time less than or equal to note onset.  Nothing that
> would worry me all too much.

You could work round this via music functions (which would give the
impression that the commands happen between notes), but postfix
notation is more in keeping with LilyPond coding style.

> I doubt that this would facilitate placing them before, say, a fingering
> column.

It doesn't make any difference if they're defined as TextScript grobs,
since they're not attached to the notehead (they would be aligned on
the PaperColumn to the left, ensuring they stay clear of fingerings
stacked above the note).  Though the pull symbol's origin means it's
possibly a bit too close for comfort.

> What are fingerings?

Fingering.

Cheers,