Suggestion for CG - make targets section

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Suggestion for CG - make targets section
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:45:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm just recovering from building and testing my first docs patch
*{s\h/u\d/d\e/r\}*.  As I didn't know any better, I had to resort to
doing make doc and make doc-clean while developing the patch.

Firstly, what's the grown-up doc developer's way of this without having
to kick off your make doc run and then leave it going overnight every
time you notice a typo in the doc source?

Secondly, wouldn't it be really useful to have a section 3.5.5 in the CG
which lists all the useful make targets and tells you what they're for?

Maybe we can collect these in this thread and, if somebody answers the
first question, I might be able to face writing the new CG section.

Cheers,

Ian

P.S. If this information is already easily available please don't try
and sound too snotty or smug in your reply :-) .