whitespace in lsr update (again)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: whitespace in lsr update (again)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:58:37 +0100

Hi Neil,

I just tried to update LSR in git, but found a whole bunch of added
whitespace above the
  %% Translation
line.

I recall that we discussed this a few months ago, and you said that
you stripped out some useless whitespace with sed, and Mark Knoop
suggested a change to makelsr.py to do this for us, etc... but it
seems like nothing was actually done.

To avoid this problem, could we just state that we'll take the output
of makelsr.py, whatever that means in terms of whitespace ?  I'm fine
with somebody changing makelsr.py if they want to match the current
input, but I don't see it as a big issue either way.  Just as long as
we leave the whitespace up to the automatic script.