CG 1: removing mentors, adding lilybuntu

From: Graham Percival
Subject: CG 1: removing mentors, adding lilybuntu
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:06:21 +0100

CG 1.3 Mentors

We've had this section for ages now, but we've only used any kind of
"mentorship" system for doc editors.  I'm withdrawing from mentorship
so that I can work on label:Maintainability issues, which I now
believe to a better way of supporting new contributors in the long
term.

Does anybody object to my commenting out this section from the CG?
Alternately, do any developers want to offer to mentor 1-4 new
contributors?  I'm comfortable keeping this section as long as we have
at least 1 official mentor handling at least 1 contributor.

CG 1.4 Lilybuntu

I believe that we should discuss lilybuntu this early.  Most of our
new contributors over the past few months have come from OSX or
windows; I expect this trend to continue.  In addition, by discussing
the installation of lilybuntu in CG 1, we can direct lilybuntu users
to read CG 2.1 using lily-git, and CG 3 compiling, without needed a
separate set of instructions for them.

Any objections in principle do this?  I'll post a patch for this
change, so specific concerns could wait until then.  But if somebody
thinks that lilybuntu doesn't belong in CG 1, please speak up now.