Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Add tab-tie-follow-engraver (issue2723043)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:43:49 +0000

On 3 November 2010 16:15, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 03.11.2010 15:10, schrieb Carl Sorensen:

>>> Makes perfect sense to me.
>>> Thanks for your work!
>>>

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> Pushed to git.
>>

> Oops, I found an error!
>
> While my engraver added 'tie-follow only to the notes followed by a slur or
> a glissando,
> your engraver adds this to *every* tied note, so the callbacks in
> tablature.scm are
> not working properly - *every* note that is 'tied to' gets parenthesized!

It's a shame Carl's already pushed the patch; I don't think it's ready yet.

The code for checking bounds is wrong: as I noted for the original
patchset, get_bound () is the correct method, rather than jumping into
scheme (ly:spanner-bound).

> Moreover, Neil's argument that slurs and glissandos do not belong to the
> engraver
> seems not to be valid - every note that is 'tied to' now gets the
> 'tie-follow mark, so the
> tie handler will make them invisible and the slur routine that may follow
> changes the visibility
> again, and that's exactly what Neil critiziced at my first approach (and he
> was right about that).

That's because the tie callback is interfering with the slur and
glissando callbacks: you need to stop it making the noteheads
transparent.

Cheers,
Neil