Where to change the begin of a broken spanner after a line break?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Where to change the begin of a broken spanner after a line break?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:22:13 +0100

I'm currently also trying to fix issue #650, where after a line break a broken
hairpin starts a bit too early, so the treble clef shifts up the hairpin
considerable:

Unfortunately, I can't find out where the start of a broken hairpin (spanner
in general) is determined.

BTW, the same problem also happens with ottava brackets, volta brackets, etc.
but NOT with text cresc spanners, trill spanners, normal text spanners or
tuplet brackets.

As Hairpin and DynamicTextSpanner grobs are treated completely equal in the
New_dynamic_engraver, I assume it must be some problem with grob settings of
the Hairpin grob. Any idea?

This would solve both issue 650 and 651.

Thanks,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886