Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)

From: steve . yegge
Subject: Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:39:06 +0000

Hi Carl,

I looked through the code; it looks great.  I built it and tested it
fairly thoroughly, and found no problems with it -- both features work
as advertised.

I tried defaultStrings with single-string melodies, thirds, octaves,
skip-string chords and several other configurations.  I didn't find any
bugs.  In one case I did get a rather cryptic error message because I'd
inadvertently specified the strings in reverse order -- but some reason
I've been unable to reproduce that error message.

I also tried out the zero-fingering feature.  It works quite well in
conjunction with setting the minimumFret.  Again, I found no bugs,
although my testing shouldn't be considered exhaustive.

These features will do wonders for cutting down the verbosity in my
music files.  Thanks for implementing this!

http://codereview.appspot.com/3320041/