Re: Fix #1205. (issue2145047)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Fix #1205. (issue2145047)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:57:24 +0000

On 2010/11/27 00:27:27, Valentin Villenave wrote:

Wow, I can understand why my patch would wreak havoc through your
work!
I only had a quick look, but it certainly does look elegant. If you
don't mind
my asking, what makes it better to have a tempo-change event rather
than just
waiting for some properties to change?

There are too many context properties associated with \tempo (unlike
say, \clef, where they're really needed, for example, to set a clef
inside an instrument change definition)

There were some undocumented "features" of Reinhold's implementation
that your
code might not break compatibility with (for example, manually setting
Score.tempoUnitCount would reprint the tempoText, etc.).

Hmm, interesting, though I'm not sure how useful that is.

It's unfortunate that whilst you were trying to make less things
hardcoded in
parser.yy, I've been doing the exact opposite... :-)

Actually, I got a bit carried away, since using `scalar' allows silly
things like \tempo <digit>, which obviously isn't desirable.  :)

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/2145047/