Re: [Patch:] Tablature: provide custom fret labels

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Patch:] Tablature: provide custom fret labels
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:27:44 -0700

On 11/27/10 2:24 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 27.11.2010 02:41, schrieb Carl Sorensen:

>>> That was quick, thanks!

>>> Sorry - in my first version, I had some font-specific arguments in this
>>> definition, but then decided that this markup should simply use the defaults
>>> used for the fret numbers, so I removed the font stuff.
>>>

>> Marc,
>>
>> Is there a reason you can't just set the 'text property of the TabNoteHead?
>> That would seem to me to be the easiest way to do this.
>>
> Um, I didn't think of it, so I did a quick test:
>
> \new TabStaff <<
>    \new TabVoice {
>       e1
>    \override TabNoteHead #'text = "foo"
>    e1
>    }
>>>

> But this doesn't archieve what I want.

Yes, this won't achieve what you want, because the Tab_note_heads_engraver
resets the 'text property of the notehead.

I'm thinking that your post-engraver callback can just set the 'text
property.

> Furthermore, when I look at the
> internals,
> I don't see a 'text property of TabNoteHead documented. Am I missing
> something?

TabNoteHead supports the text-interface, which has a 'text property.  It's
in the Internals reference.

Thanks,

Carl