Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now (part 2)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now (part 2)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:33:50 +0100

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll wait another day for comments in case anybody missed it due to
> the savannah list downtime, but I despite my objection, I'll branch
> stable/2.14 in the next few days unless anybody speaks heavily against
> it.

It might be better to wait just a bit more, Neil (possibly Reinhold)
and I still have outstanding patches (by which I mean that these
patches are awesome, of course :)

I'm not sure your usual "I'll do this&that in 48 hours unless someone
objects before then" is the right approach here: you might want to
consider announcing "I'm planning to do this&that, do I have your
green light?" and then wait for all major contributors (i.e. not me)
to catch up. (Just a thought.)

Cheers,
Valentin.