Re: Problems making doc after commit by Mark P

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Problems making doc after commit by Mark P
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 01:26:23 -0800 (PST)

Mark Polesky wrote:
> Oops, sorry about that.  I had checked the regression
> tests but I forgot to check the compile.  It looks like
> the changes I made to make-header and make-footer are
> causing the problem.  I'm double-checking this right now,
> and I'll push a compile fix once I verify this.

Okay, so this is really odd.  In paper-defaults-init.ly, we
have the lines:

  mm = 1.0
  in = 25.4
  pt = #(/ in 72.27)
  cm = #(* 10 mm)

Redefining \mm and \in like this creates no problems:

  mm = #1
  in = #(* 254/10 mm)

But making this further change to \pt breaks `make doc':

  pt = #(* 100/7227 in)

Some of the error messages:

  error: failed files: "d7/lily-75221729.ly"
  error: Children (4 3 2 1 0) exited with errors.
  [...]
  Child returned 1
  make[3]: *** [out-www/collated-files.texi] Error 1
  rm out-www/weblinks.itexi
  make[3]: Leaving directory `[...]/input/regression'
  make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
  make[2]: Leaving directory `[...]/input'
  make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `[...]'
  make: *** [doc-stage-1] Error 2

I'll revert my commit #407df9e which introduced these
problems, but can anyone explain what's going on?

Thanks.
- Mark