Re: issue classification: priority guidelines

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: issue classification: priority guidelines
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:06:07 +0000

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:58:42AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Everything we have documented is in the Contributor's Guide.
> Getting started in LilyPond development is hard.
> Understanding how lilypond works is hard.
> Understanding the C++ code is hard.

I'll add the following: Carl started off writing documentation
during the Grand Documentation Project in early 2008.  He is now
one of, if not *the*, most knowledgeable active programmer working
on lilypond.

Despite all the faults and omissions in the CG, it's better than
it has ever been in the past.  All the people working on lilypond
began from where you are.  You can seriously go from nothing to...
well, Carl... in two years.  Well, almost three years now.  :)