Re: next few weeks of development

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: next few weeks of development
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:43:11 +0100

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I really hope you just did a
>  label:patch
> search in the issue tracker to find that liast.

Nope. Some of these are untracked.

> Yes.  Because the VERY FIRST gop policy debate is about how we
> deal with patches.

Do you realize how many questions/issues this has been your sole
answer to in the past few months (if not years)? :-)

> In most cases, we've already lost those patches.

I'm sure you're jumping to conclusions here. Deeming these as lost is
exactly what makes them "lost".

> Don't cry over
> spilt milk.

Mmm, let me guess, this is your way of /not/ being offensive, right? :-)

> I have a plan.  We have the manpower.  We can fix it.

Aye aye.
<insert epic background music here>

> Look, if an old patch can still be applied cleanly to current git,
> then we'll almost certainly be able to apply it to git in 3 weeks
> from now.  And if an old patch *doesn't* apply cleanly to current
> git and nobody wants to fix it, then 3 weeks from now, it still
> won't apply to git and somebody will need to fix it.

I'm not planning to be around in three weeks. So, just sayin'.

Cheers,
Valentin.