Re: DOC: NR Dynamics context and postfix dynamics (issue3743045)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: DOC: NR Dynamics context and postfix dynamics (issue3743045)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 04:11:34 +0000

Thanks for the comments. Second patch set is up.

The new patch corresponds to the state *before* makelsr.py, so that it
is not cluttered with version bumps to all the snippets.

Regarding deprecation,
the old *prefix* implementation of \cresc, never documented, is
convert-ly-ed to \deprecatedcresc and soundly deprecated.

The methods in these docs, by contrast, are all post-fix.  The command
\dimTextDecr is not attached to notes.  The method with \dimTextDecr was
the only documented way to get a text decrescendo, convert-ly does not
update it, and converting files that use it is not trivial.

So I do not want to say 'deprecated' about \dimTextDecr.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/10001/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely
File Documentation/notation/expressive.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/10001/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode368
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:368: Extender lines are engraved
as required.
The shorter text reads fine, to me, after sleeping on it.
I see no need to document the synonyms of \! (\endcr, \enddim, etc.)

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/10001/Documentation/snippets/new/dynamics-text-spanner-postfix.ly
File Documentation/snippets/new/dynamics-text-spanner-postfix.ly
(right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/10001/Documentation/snippets/new/dynamics-text-spanner-postfix.ly#newcode6
Documentation/snippets/new/dynamics-text-spanner-postfix.ly:6: with
hairpin and text crescendos. @code{\<} and @code{\>} produce
crescendos and crescendi are both good English; I broke the tie by
looking at the closest other use in the manual.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/