RE: flags, beams and stem length in forced directions - output improveme

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: flags, beams and stem length in forced directions - output improvement
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:02:23 +0000

Janek,

________________________________
From: Janek Warchoł address@hidden
Sent: 27 December 2010 13:53
To: James Lowe
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: flags, beams and stem length in forced directions - output
improvement

W dniu 27 grudnia 2010 14:02 użytkownik James Lowe
<address@hidden> napisał:

> > 2010/12/27 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> > - in the first line: the stems of the b's are too short,
>
> Janek,
>
> See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-04/msg00085.html
>
> I believe this is the same kind of discussion for this specific point.

Yes.
It was agreed back then that the current behaviour should be improved
and nothing has been done yet (if this issue is currently being worked
on, i apologize).
"the same kind of discussion" - do you mean that it's bad idea to
touch this issue because it will lead to pointless academical
disputes?

---

No not at all, I was merely point out that this had already been discussed so
that you and others do not (necessarily) repeat things again or those that have
strong/technical opinions and may not have seen this are also aware.

That doesn't mean it still won't lead to 'pointless academical disputes' -
although I do not think they are pointless.

:)

James