Re: Clef support for cue notes (issue2726043)

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Clef support for cue notes (issue2726043)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:40:09 +0000

Reviewers: carl.d.sorensen_gmail.com, Valentin Villenave, graham_percival-music.ca, lemzwerg, james.lowe_datacore.com, Trevor Daniels, Neil Puttock,

Message:
On 2010/11/25 22:50:40, Neil Puttock wrote:
I think there's some scope for reducing code duplication in the
engraver and
parser-clef.scm.

In an ideal C++ world, that would be very easy by deriving
Cue_clef_engraver from Clef_engraver. However, in lilypond the engravers
should not have any hierarchy, so I don't see how I could easily share
some common functionality between two different engravers (where the
code accesses some class variables of the engravers).

Clef support for cue notes

-) Added \cleffedCueDuring, which allows to specify a clef for
   the cue notes. At the end of the cue section, the clef is
   automatically reset to the containing voice's clef.
-) Cue clefs are implemented as CueClef and CueEndClef grobs,
   created by a dedicated Cue_clef_engraver, which reads
   some cueClef* context properties.
-) After a line break, a cue clef does NOT override the global clef
   of the containing voice, but prints (in smaller size) after
   the containing clef.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/2726043/

Affected files:
  A input/regression/cue-clef.ly