Re: google code "owner"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: google code "owner"
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:46:53 +0000

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:58:19AM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
>
> >Leave everything else alone.  We don't want a wiki, we don't use
> >the google code project for source or downloads, and we certainly
> >don't want to delete the whole project.
>
> Got it.  One thing that has always peeved me is the default sort
> order of oldest first.  Would there be objections if I tried to
> change this to newest first? It seems to be possible.

I don't mind, although as discussed in CG 8.6 summary of project
status:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/summary-of-project-status
the "recommended" way of viewing issues is the grid view:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?mode=grid&y=Priority&x=Type&cells=ids

I like the grid view because it constantly reminds one of how
unimportant each individual item is -- you can easily see the
mountain of issues.  The list view (with either method of
date-based sorting) doesn't really capture this.  Grid view also
makes it easier to spot issues that don't have a priority or type.