RE: Struggling to get a clean make doc

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Struggling to get a clean make doc
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:50:45 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Graham Percival [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 03 March 2011 15:36
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: 'address@hidden'
)
)On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 03:20:31PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
)> I've been building in and out of the tree (i.e. make doc in the lilypond-git
)dir and also in a lilypond-git/build/ dir as requested in the CG.
)
)Ah, sorry.  Have you tried deleting the build/ dir and then re-creating it,
)running ../configure, etc?

Yes, and it would work sometimes and it would be ok for a few days then I'd
need to do a make (because a .cc file had changed or something) and the next
make doc would fail. I'd then simply touch an itely and run make doc again and
it would compile.

I am not a translation expert but I wondered as I am seeing this on hu, ca and
Ja if it has anything to do with 'non standard chars'?

The problem I suppose is easily reproducing it, I've just rerun it now and had
the same issue in cs language (as per my example) and then I did a touch and a
make doc and it call compiled clean again. That was why I wondered if it was a
'resource' issue or perhaps a race condition (like I actually know what I am
talking about?!) on my relatively underpowered hardware (although 2GB is not
that underpowered).

I am almost certain it will work ok until I have to do a the next 'make' only
(not make doc), that seems to be the pattern.

James

James