Re: Struggling to get a clean make doc

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Struggling to get a clean make doc
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:58:26 +0100

2011/3/3 James Lowe <address@hidden>:
> The problem I suppose is easily reproducing it, I've just rerun it now and
> had the same issue in cs language (as per my example) and then I did a touch
> and a make doc and it call compiled clean again. That was why I wondered if
> it was a 'resource' issue or perhaps a race condition (like I actually know
> what I am talking about?!) on my relatively underpowered hardware (although
> 2GB is not that underpowered).
>
> I am almost certain it will work ok until I have to do a the next 'make' only
> (not make doc), that seems to be the pattern.

Touching a file could help if you can not convince 'automatically' the
build system that you actually updated a file.  The difference after
touching a file should not be succeeding after an error, that's why I
think you are simply resuming the process which would continue without
the touch anyway. Try again, and when it stops, make doc again without
the touch.

did you try make doc-clean && make doc ?
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com