Re: build system work

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: build system work
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:47:29 -0700

On 11-03-10 02:56 AM, John Mandereau wrote:
How much interest is there in having a very general picture (possibly
without quoting directly the makefiles) about the stepmake layer (i.e.
makefiles build, recursive make (both inside same directory and in
dubdirectories)), about the flaws (and desired improvements) of doc
build?  There is already some of this present in CG 12, but it's
incomplete.  I'm going away for a few days and will be busy until
Sunday, but I should find some time next week.

Cheers,
John

Yes, please!  Anything you can provide shortens the road for us all, John.

Colin

--
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance
of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who