Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:56:43 +0100

Keith OHara schreef op ma 14-03-2011 om 13:50 [-0700]:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 02:14:14 -0700, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Midi tracks (from a Staff with midiInstrument) sometimes contain a
> program change event, sometimes not, depending on the path taken
> through Staff_performer::acknowledge_audio_element() on the way to
> new_audio_staff().  Temporary voices create tracks without the program
> change.  If we use the new midiChannelMapping=#'voice, the notes in
> such voices sound as default piano.

A temporary voice, creating a new track, sounds as a piano?  The
original voice and new temporary voice are in different tracks,
but have the same channel number.

So, it /is/ possible after all to have two channels 0 that
sound as different instruments, in different tracks?  Is this
without even using ports?

That would be great!

> (Unfortunately for me, the player I formerly used, NotationPlayer,
> gets confused by Tracks with no program change containing notes
> directed to a Channel that had an earlier program change.)

What exactly do you mean by `confused'?

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl