Re: Fixes accidental suggestions in the beam collision engraver (issue42

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Fixes accidental suggestions in the beam collision engraver (issue4271054)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:46:01 +0000

On 21 March 2011 01:59, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> The intention of the fix is incorrect, but can you make the logic
> explicit? That is, add an interface symbol for "normal" accidentals
> (normal-accidental-interface, inline-accidental-interface, ... ?) and
> acknowledge that explicitly?  If not, we will screw in the same way
> for any other accidental-like grob, eg. TrillPitchAccidental).

I think this is a mistake: the Beam_collision_engraver already
acknowledges TrillPitchGroup (via note-head-interface), and pitched
trills are usually placed inside a stave, possibly between beamed
notes.  The only other object which would potentially be acknowledged
is an AmbitusAccidental, and they obviously never appear near a beam.

Ignoring TrillPitchAccidental produces poorer output for wide pitched trills:

\relative c'' {
  \pitchedTrill
  g8[\startTrillSpan bes e]\stopTrillSpan
}