Re: separating flags from noteheads in font (issue4273119)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: separating flags from noteheads in font (issue4273119)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:04:10 +0200

2011/3/27 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:

> On 3/26/11 5:01 PM, "address@hidden"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunetely there is a strange error: flags are now horizontally
>> squished (despite calling "make clean" before "make"), see
>> http://img829.imageshack.us/i/screenshotpxx.png/
>> Why this happened?
>
> I suspect that there are some constants that are set in the original file
> that you haven't copied to the new file.  I had that problem when I moved
> the shape note heads.

I see it now: black_notehead_width is defined in line 349 of
feta-noteheads.mf, it is also mentioned at the end of that file.
Unfortuantely it's not defined using some given value (or explicit
formula), but as a result of glyph drawing operation, namely drawing
black notehead.
(In other words: variable black_notehead_width depends on how notehead
is designed, not the other way round.)
Because of that i don't know how to extract this value from
feta-noteheads to feta-flags, my knowledge of Metafont is too limited
:(
Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks,
Janek