Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:00:02 -0400

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:55 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:30 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Excellent work!
>
> Thanks!
>
>> A couple of comments below.
>>
>> http://codereview.appspot.com/4442082/diff/3001/scm/define-context-properties.scm
>> File scm/define-context-properties.scm (right):
>>
>> http://codereview.appspot.com/4442082/diff/3001/scm/define-context-properties.scm#newcode260
>> scm/define-context-properties.scm:260: (glissandoMap ,list? "A map in
>> the form of '((source1 . target1)
>> I think we ought to enable the current behavior (one glissando line per
>> chord, instead of one per note) to be kept (so we won't break existing
>> scores). Perhaps a value of #f should be used to indicate keeping the
>> old behavior.
>>

> The old behavior can be achieved via:
>
> \set glissandoMap = #'((0 . 0))
>
> What would be the appropriate .ly file in ly/ to put this in?

Alternatively, we could write a convert-ly rule that changes all \glissando to
\set glissandoMap = #'((0 . 0)) \glissando \unset glissandoMap.

I think that the majority of users who write glissandi between chords will want
full-chord glissandi.  So, it seems that #'() should be the default value for
glissandoMap (as it is in the proposed patch).

Thoughts?

Cheers,
MS