suspended whole notes - possibly a defect, please give your opinions

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: suspended whole notes - possibly a defect, please give your opinions
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:37:27 +0200

Hi,

I think there is a problem with handling suspended whole notes: Lily
aligns them as if they had stems.

See attached "suspended whole notes" - in my opinion the last two
measures should look the same and have both chords in the same
horizontal position; also all measures should have the same length in
my opinion.
"suspended quarter notes for comparison" should provide some
explanation on this behaviour.
What do you think?  What do engraving books say? (neither me nor
nearby music university don't have any)

cheers,
Janek