Re: Ugliness in the Learning Manual

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ugliness in the Learning Manual
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:12:23 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
To: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 1:42 PM

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Werner LEMBERG
)Sent: 05 August 2011 13:19
)To: address@hidden
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)> Please see the attached image of page 2 of the LM.  Anyone know why
)> this collision occurs and how to fix it?
)
)Looks like a bug in texinfo. Can you try to isolate this as much as possible?
)What about using the most recent version of texinfo.tex (attached)?
)
)

I'm sure Graham will know but it is 'probably ' to do with the warning/note box construction coming immediately after the Node without anything in between.

Did you check the CG to see if we mention anything like this - there are some formatting 'known issues' in that where HTML and PDF don't always play in the same way.

James

Nothing in the CG I can see. I think the simplest fix is probably to put a forced new line after the heading. This avoids the problem. See the attached. I could make a patch with these line breaks included if you want?

--
Phil Holmes