Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (radical update)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 8: issue priorities (radical update)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:27:07 +0100

Jan Warchoł wrote Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:27 AM

2011/8/8 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

Graham Percival wrote Monday, August 08, 2011 6:06 AM
Type-critical:
* anything which stops contributors from helping out (e.g.
lily-git.tcl not working, source tree(s) not being
available). To limit this scope of this point, we will
assume that the contributor is using the latest lilydev and
has read the relevant part(s) of the Contributor’s Guide.

I agree this is important, but I don't see why it
should prevent a new release per se.

Because having some issue officially block stable release is the only
way of seriously pushing developers to fix it?

Wouldn't work.  Few, if any, developers use lily-git.tcl so
are unlikely to be in a position to fix it.

Developers seem to become more productive when
releases are make frequently.  If releases stop, for whatever
reason, development slows down. So if this is intended as
a means of coercion I think it is misguided.

Trevor

-----
No virus found in this message.