Re: oops! I've changed files in the `snippet' directory

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: oops! I've changed files in the `snippet' directory
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:29:12 +0200 (CEST)

>> My conclusion is that it is quite safe to directly edit files in
>> the `snippets' directory.  Relieved :-)
>
> No, it is not safe.  Your changes will be elminated the next time
> Neil (or Valentin, or anybody who cares about LSR) does a "full
> import".  Historically, this only happens every 3-4 months, but it
> should be happening much more often than that.

What about the following:

  (1) The last call to makelsr produced commit 12345678, say.

  (2) The next time makelsr gets called, start with the status at
      commit 12345678 as a base, *not* with HEAD.  Doing so, later
      fixes to the snippets within lilypond's git repository are
      saved.

I see two possobilities for (2): Either do a temporary branch at
12345678, apply makelsr, then try to merge, or create a diff for the
snippets between 12345678 and HEAD, call makelsr on HEAD, then reapply
the diffs.

    Werner