Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column.(issue 48

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Has piano pedal brackets end on the right of a note column.(issue 4899050)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:33:56 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith OHara" <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 8:51 AM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:25:40 -0700, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 19, 2011, at 5:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I think the correct fix is merely to ignore suspended heads, which could
be implemented as aligning to the stem for down-stems.  I find good
evidence to back that up I'll post on the bug tracker.

If this is the fix,

I don't know until next time I look at Ted Ross' book in the library. I have lots of piano music, but pedaling is very rarely written explicitly.

I've got a PDF of Ross - could let you have a copy of the bit on pedals, if you want. Not sure it's explicit enough, but you're welcome.Elaine Gould has 6 pages on pedalling, which could be scanned if required.

--
Phil Holmes