Re: Adds a site search to website and improves docsearch(issue4894053)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Adds a site search to website and improves docsearch(issue4894053)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:03:10 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>

I wasn't expecting you to be able to put this together without
asking questions (since it's taken even me a while to put stuff
together), but more specific questions about be good.

Thanks for this so far. Now docs will build I'm working my way through this.

[snip - done all this OK]

Think we need to add at this point:

cd $HOME/lilypond

6. run
 make -f ../make/website.make WEBSITE_ONLY_BUILD=1 \
   TOP_SRC_DIR=$HOME/src/lilypond/ \
   TEXI2HTML_PROGRAM=texi2html \
   website

Can't make this work. $HOME/src/lilypond doesn't exist on my system. Thinking about this as I type, I wonder if this is because I don't have an installed version of lilypond?

% note that this would be much easier if anybody had been
% interested in
%   http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1236

Note that there's a **ton** of things that could be done to make
this process easier.  The git repo is an obvious one, but there's
also a lot of robustifying that could be done in website.make.
And, of course, simply documenting this.

Willdo, once it's working.

--
Phil Holmes