Re: 2.15.9 regtests

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: 2.15.9 regtests
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:48:51 +0200

On Aug 31, 2011, at 5:08 AM, Keith OHara wrote:

> Phil Holmes <email <at> philholmes.net> writes:
>
>> Or we could take shifts in checking images.
>
> I've looked closely at the changes with distance 5.0 or above, and
> looked quickly at the others.  If one more person takes a shift
> starting at the small 'distances' that would be great.
>
> One concern:  Cell counts doubled in many .profile reports !
>
> Two unexpected spacing changes that I will investigate:
> beam-extreme.ly  spacing-correction-accidentals.ly
>
> Two changes that I can't explain:
> tablature-tremolo.ly    beam-collision-beamcount.ly
> (Maybe from Mike's improved computation of 'pure' heights of stems?)

The tablature-tremolo yes (I think it's a height improvement, not a pure height
improvement - the skyline of the bottom system is now correct, though it
wouldn't hurt to verfiy (if someone knows a good way to check skylines between
systems).

beam-collision-beamcount.ly is because of the flag work - the spot in question
has always led to bizarre results, and I'll look into it when I get back.

> Some flagged grace notes moved closer to their parent notes.  A happy
> side-effect of the new Flag grob, distinct from the Stem grob ?

Yup!  horizontal skylines are more correct, making spacing snugger in some
places.

Cheers,
MS