Re: 2.15.9 regtests

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: 2.15.9 regtests
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:35:23 -0700

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:56:53 -0700, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

The horizontal spacing of fret diagrams is much tighter in 2.15.9;
too tight I would say.  Is this an expected change?

 From the patch for issue 1779.

Fret boards were, sometimes, getting the spacing intended for the first note
after
a bar line, but only when LilyPond was afraid they might hit the barline.

In fret-diagrams-origins.ly, for example, they do not get any extra space.
Fret diagrams within a measure used to get /very/ close.

The patch to the spacing code removed the accidental space for FretDiagrams, so
gave them extra-spacing-width so they always get at least one staff-space
clearance.

Possibly as a side effect of something, the horizontal spacing of
the first note of the second bar in non-empty-text.ly is much better
than it used to be, but sadly there is no improvement in the spacing
of the first bar.

See comments 4 through 12 to the prefatory-matter issue

We can have fixed space after time signatures if we want it, but I think we do
not.

Remember that many regression tests are unusual examples by design.  For
example, in
'non-empty-text.ly' LilyPond is asked to choose between squeezing the time
signature
and running music off the simulated narrow page!