bug report for lilypond 2.14.2 under FreeBSD 8.1 on i386; subscription t

From: Mike Andrews
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:30:31 +0000 (UTC)

I installed lilypond this morning from the most recent FreeBSD port, and was
unable to get it to run from that install. Error message was:

ERROR:
In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR:
Unable to find file lily.scm in load path

Running truss against lilypond showed that instead of trying to open
/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.14.2/scm/lily.scm,
it was trying to open /share/lilypond/2.14.2/scm/lily.scm.

This is a bug that needs to be corrected.

Creating the /share/lilypond directory and rsyncing to fill it from
/usr/local/share/lilypond fixed the error and made it possible to run lilypond.

I have a typescript of my "make install" output available, if you want it.

I suspect that this bug is responsible for many, if not most, of the "Unable to
find file lily.scm in load path" errors I found in my Google searches.

Please subscribe my other E-mail address, address@hidden, to the lilypond