Re: convert-ly rule for beams

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: convert-ly rule for beams
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:29:29 +0100

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 09:54:56AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>    On Oct 17, 2011, at 9:11 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>      changes.tely?  Or is that too user-level?
>
>    changes.tely makes sense - I doubt any developer will have any doubt about
>    where these functions went, as they exist in the same part of
>    beam-quanting.cc but are not callbacks anymore.

changes.tely sounds like the right place.  My rule of thumb is
"what problems can I blame on the user without feeling guilty",
and if somebody is messing around with scheme callbacks but
doesn't check changes.tely and complaints about their code not
working any more, I wouldn't feel bad about telling them to get
lost.

(by contrast, if somebody doesn't touch scheme stuff, doesn't read
changes.tely, runs convert-ly, ends up with a broken score, and
complains about it, I *would* feel guilty about telling them to
get lost.)