Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:01:38 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> On 2011/10/20 05:44:38, dak wrote:
>> Sorry, I always start thinking only when far too late in the game.
> Anyway, here
>> is a musing:
>> should't the _main_ interface to accidental modifications be context
> mods?  You
>> won't need to set them in midcontext except in unusual situations, and
> then
>> \applyContext (?) is available.
>
> That would be possible, though you'd probably want a nicer interface
> than using \applyContext directly.  A music function would have to
> have two args: the optional context string and the context-mod
> identifier.

I think the current state of dev/syntax should be committable.  It has
no problems accepting context modifications.  The function signature of
((string? "Bottom") ly:context-mod?) should work just fine for accepting
an optional context string defaulting to "Bottom" and a mandatory
context modification.

I'll try submitting a Rietveld review soonish.