Re: convert-ly rules to destencil Flags

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: convert-ly rules to destencil Flags
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:05:49 +0200

On Oct 24, 2011, at 5:53 PM, David Kastrup wrote:

> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Oct 24, 2011, at 5:29 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is that eventually, somebody else _will_ run
>>> scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly and then those files get
>>> "fixed" again if the version string indicates they have not yet been
>>> fixed.
>>>
>>> I am currently stalled exactly because running this script as part of
>>> _my_ changes will change a number of files which are none of my
>>> beeswax.
>>
>> I'll be able to post a patch to fix this w/in the next 18ish hours.
>
> Thanks.

I now see what the problem is.  I had updated the version number all the
snippets that needed updating, but all of the offending snippets are in the
.tely files.  The \version statement for these snippets is not in the snippets
themselves (I thought they were versionless when I updated them) but rather at
the top of the .tely files.

A few things:

1) If someone could please update 10.9.5 to talk about how versioning works in
the .tely files, that would help a lot.

2) A reminder in 10.9.5 to change versions when moving stuff to
Documents/snippets/new would be great too.

3) When patches come out and are on review, especially when the patches go
through the review cycle more than once, it'd be great if this sort of thing
were addressed.  Originally I didn't add convert-ly rules because I wasn't 100%
sure on the syntax and wanted to wait till bugs were out and until syntax was
stable before adding them.  I now realize this is a bad idea.  I am not saying
that anyone else could have spotted at the outset how bad this idea was nor
that this is anyone's responsibility but my own.  What I'm saying is that, if
you notice an omission in your review, please don't hesitate to speak up.

Cheers,
MS