dev/staging fail: illegal entry in bfrange

From: Graham Percival
Subject: dev/staging fail: illegal entry in bfrange
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:38:41 +0100

Trying to build the docs on dev/staging fails with this:

Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap
Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap
Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap
Error: Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.
make[3]: *** [out-www/collated-files.pdf] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/ramdisk/src-2011-10-29-05/build/input/regression'
make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2

I'm quite puzzled, since AFAIK that's a completely normal error
message for our builds.  I mean, I'm pretty certain that I've seen
tons of "illegal entry in bfrange block" messages in previous
(working) builds.

Can anybody shed some light on this?  5 minutes of poking around
in the log file didn't reveal any other problems.