Re: issues to verify

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: issues to verify
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:49:39 -0600

On 11-10-28 07:51 AM, Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
On Fri 28 Oct 2011, 14:44 Phil Holmes wrote:
I think we do need the version number where the fix is claimed -
otherwise we would test fixes that aren't yet available in GUB, and
find they don't work.
Well.. I think _we_ do need, really.. BugSquad, I mean. Do developers need it?
Should we require these labels be assigned?

Yes, please! As Phil says, we need the label to know if the fix is available to the public, by way of them downloading the officially released version from the website. A patch may work without error in 2.15.17 and claim to have fixed an issue, but the public only sees 2.15.16, without the fix, and so from their point of view, the bug *isn't* fixed. We always verify with versions available to the average user.

Cheers,

Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.