Can anybody think of how to make use of this?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Can anybody think of how to make use of this?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 23:12:25 +0100

I used the following for helping me understand conflicts in the parser.
When one uses
bison -v -g lily/parser.yy
and has some problematic state for which one does not know a good
example of how it might get reached, one can load the generated
parser.dot into Emacs, and after using M-x load-file on the attached
file, one can use
M-x short-rule RET
to get a minimal set of rules for reaching the problematic state.

But I have a hard time imagining how to put this into context...