Re: git cl config question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git cl config question
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:41:55 +0000

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 03:35:53PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 03:08:40PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
> >> OK, thanks.  Next question - any ideas what's going on here?
> >>
> >> $ git cl upload origin/dev/staging
> >>  scripts/build/output-distance.py |   65
> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
> >>  1 files changed, 52 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
> >> Waiting for Emacs...
> >> No output from ['hg', 'parent', '-q']
>
> No, the emacs thing is a red herring - that works fine.  The problem
> is what happens after the editor quits.
>
>     EDITOR=vim git cl upload
>
> yielded exactly the same results.

hmm.  Looking at the 'hg', my next guess is that git-cl is calling
mercurial for some reasno.

git-cl is built on top of rietveld's "upload.py" script.  Rietveld
was built around svn.  Google added mercurial shortly afterwards,
but didn't add git until a few years later.  So git support is
kind-of bolted on with duct tape.  Perhaps the upload.py portion
of git-cl is deciding that you're working with mercurial, and then
not finding a .hg or .bzr or whatever directory mercurial uses?