Re: Keep yaffut from attempting to demangle. (issue 5375051)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Keep yaffut from attempting to demangle. (issue 5375051)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:21:01 +0100

On 2011-11-11 09:31, address@hidden wrote:
Remember that yaffut is a cross platform test suite, are things
like c++filt available for MSVC, for example?

Huh?  What concern are the platforms yaffut runs on?  Don't tell me that
Lilypond is one of its main distribution points.  If it is, so much the
better that I added a notice about the change.

The point of importance are the platforms _Lilypond_ runs on.  And it is
not like the test suite will fail without demangling: it just has less
readable output.

If it tries to call an external binary that fails, that's a problem, because then make check will fail... Now, I haven't looked at the patch, so I don't know if the test suite will still work if c++filt is not available... In the worst case, we need to add a configure check for it.a) don't use demangle but a neutral name like "typeformat".

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886