Re: Lilypond Online. Need help please.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond Online. Need help please.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:54:29 +0000

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 12:24:34PM +0100, Pierre Rusin wrote:
>    I would like to make a project for my school with the free software
>    lilypond.

Then I suggest that you do your own homework.

>    I would like to make it online. With html, php, javascript, etc.. the user
>    could write is code in a text area
>    and with a "actualise" button, could see the partition  on the right size.

At least two systems like that already exist.

>    I know the C, C# and C++ languages

C and C++ are not good languages for web applications.  C# might
be passable.  I suggest that you learn ruby, python, or perl.

> but don't know exactly wich file of the
>    developpement package i
>    should use and wich file i can leave away.

Just assume that you need all the files.  Trying to omit a few
files here and there will take a long time but will not help you
in this task in any way.  Disk space is cheap; the difference
between a 20-meg package and an 18-meg package is not worth
spending a dozen hours.