Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:55:59 +0100

On Nov 11, 2011, at 4:44 PM, Peekay Ex wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM, address@hidden
> <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I posted an uber-patch online that can be separated out into several
>> patches.

> My only concern is that it will only get tested as an uber patch and
> unless you are going to push it all at once (albeit with several
> revertable commits) we should test each patch individually.

Hey James,

I see what you're saying - because all of these functions are intertwined, I
want to make sure that they get reviewed together.  Keith had asked me in an
earlier e-mail to explain where I see the pure-from-neighbor-interface going,
and I think it's important that one can grok its global usefulness so that one
can evaluate if it is ultimately worth it to grow it to the size to which this
patch would grow it or if it should be scrapped.

After we finish that discussion, I'll post separate patches (in sequence) for
each change.

Cheers,
MS