Re: Nonfastforwarding push to staging

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Nonfastforwarding push to staging
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:28:08 +0000

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 07:01:17PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I spent a few minutes poking around as a lilypond admin on
> > savannah, but didn't find anything that looked like direct access
> > to the repo.  I think that asking the savannah maintainers would
> > be the way to go.
>
> Interesting.  What would be the point of a "Lilypond admin" without
> some form of access to the .git directory?

well, I can give people git access, I can enable or disable the
bug tracker and patch tracker on savannah, I can edit the
description... stuff like that.

I'm not claiming that they *don't* allow me some kind of
privileged git access if I set up the right stuff (ssh access,
maybe?).  I'm just saying that if they *do* give me such access,
it's not obvious, so asking a maintainer seems to be the logical
next step.

> What happens if you type
>
> git config --get core.bare

false

> I don't mind asking Savannah admins, but that seems rather strange.

In addition to the above, remember that I'm somebody who doesn't
know how to push to a different git branch.  For a more reliable
answer, you could wait for Han-wen or Jan to chime in?

"I may not be good, I may not be right, but at least I'm fast"