stupid question about patching push / countdowns

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: stupid question about patching push / countdowns
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:47:12 +0000

Hi all,

Sorry - it only recently dawned on me that I'm probably responsible
for pushing my patches which I think have now already been reviewed
and approved.

I've read the CG and tried to understand the exact process, but as
previously noted on this list, the CG is not entirely complete and
up-to-date so I thought I should check here first.  Am I right in
guessing that the Patch-push label indicates that the review process
is complete and that the patch should be pushed by the developer /
patch helper / frog-meister as appropriate?  In which case I should
push to the dev/staging branch myself?

I'm also a bit unclear on how the countdown process works and what it
achieves.  I see that issues sometimes have the "Patch-countdown"
label replaced with the "Patch-push" label - what does that signify?

The following sections need to be updated:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/issue-classification
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/patch-handling

I could perhaps find time for this if I knew answers to the above.

Thanks!
Adam