Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:42:19 -0000

Julien Rioux

I would try removing one-by-one the arguments from the subprocess.Popen call, e.g., remove universal_newlines=True, remove shell=True, remove stderr=subprocess.PIPE, etc. one-by-one. See if you get further.

Yes, I tried this earlier.  Setting universal_newlines False bypasses the
failing code.

One problem that exists here for sure for windows is the definition of cmd which include "LC_ALL=C texi2pdf ...". LC_ALL is an environment variable that sets the locale. I think this is here to ensure that the output from texi2pdf is in English and can be parsed easily. Setting environment variables in this way does not work on windows. Instead one might add env=something as an argument to the subprocess.Popen call.

Right. I forgot to mention I'd simply deleted this in the tests I reported earlier
as working.

It's all a bit academic if no one can point me to a Windows implementation
of texi2pdf or texi2dvi, though.

Trevor