Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:36:57 +0000

On 2012/01/18 14:27:53, dak wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/5554048/diff/5001/lily/rhythmic-music-iterator.cc
File lily/rhythmic-music-iterator.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5554048/diff/5001/lily/rhythmic-music-iterator.cc#newcode42
lily/rhythmic-music-iterator.cc:42: get_music ()->set_property
("articulations",
SCM_EOL);
I am not actually comfortable with clearing articulations in the
original music
event rather than its eventized copy.

Are iterators allowed to change their input?

I'm not sure if they're allowed by design, but I know they're allowed to
proliferate input that wasn't there before.

One solution is to just set a property in the event
"ignore-articulations".  That way, when the new-fingering-engraver gets
the event, it can check if this is set before it touches articulations.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5554048/