Tasks remaining for 2.16 release?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Tasks remaining for 2.16 release?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:33:31 +0100

Well, here is what I can think off my head.

a) feature freeze.  Nothing added that requires documentation changes.

b) get rid of all critical issues

c) release candidate(s)

d) proofread the docs for obvious mistakes

e) make sure all appropriate regtests are there

f) update the snippets for stuff that could now be done easier

g) get the translations up to par where there are translation workers

h) release.

As far as I can see, the snippet _code_ is not subject to translation
issues, so e) can be pretty much done in parallel.  Translation work
strictly speaking depends on everything else being frozen, but some
overlap should be tolerable.