Re: Fix for several musicxml2ly bugs. (issue 5697059)

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Fix for several musicxml2ly bugs. (issue 5697059)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 12:39:37 -0700

On 12-03-01 10:23 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Well it would certainly be easier for me if we opened a new issue for
this patch as it contains fixes for several bugs I reported lately.  For
some of them no issues were opened. Here are the bugs / reports at
stake:
-) http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1983

This sounds very straightforward; can you cook up a small patch restricted to this item alone
-)
http://old.nabble.com/musicxml2ly%3A-chordnames-placement-bug-td33309393.html

This one sounds like issue 1969, and could probably be added as a comment.

-) http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-02/msg00519.html

I also added 2 lines to Usage as the new command line options -m and
--midi hadn't been added yet.

Because this one brings in the MIDI set of . . . complications . . . it should probably have a separate tracker item.

Beyond that I have a partial fix for
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1969). Should I make
a new patch or can I add the code here?

This would involve creating a Rietveld item referencing tracker 1969, which would be the better way of handling the work in process patch.

I gather you would like to create a single tracker item and merge all the above into it, but that might make the result rather too broad for easy review and analysis.

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.