Re: old source tarballs

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: old source tarballs
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:19:58 +0100

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> We need to make more space on lilypond.org.  I've deleted
> binaries, documentation, and regtests from everything other than
> the first and last release of a stable series.

On the minus side, it makes it a PITA to quickly check for
not-so-recent regressions (not to mention that one cannot always
compile old versions, as Rune demonstrated back in '07). Can we set up
an alternate FTP repository for old binaries and for archiving
purposes?
(I can provide it if needed, I've already set up a user-friendly
file-manager interface on lilynet, including a bitTorrent tracker for
binary downloads. And I've got *plenty* of space, on various servers.)

Cheers,
Valentin.